MEET THE BAND
Runaway Nation is a rock band from Cambridge Ontario consisting of Matthew Gaston on rhythm guitar and lead vocals, Rhys Bennett on lead guitar, Bailey Normore on bass, and Will Bender on drums. The group writes catchy, powerful rock songs that captivate audiences all over.
Runaway Nation performs all over Southern Ontario, in cities such as Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo, Brantford, Hamilton, and Toronto. In their hometown, they have created a strong following; selected to perform in several community festivals (i.e. Mayor’s Celebration, Rock The Mill) and opening for rock legends April Wine for the 2017 Cambridge Fall Fair. They also perform at corporate events. The band plays to audiences of all ages and has received lots of praise along the way. They keep a very professional attitude and create a great atmosphere for music wherever they go
The band’s influences span Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Foo Fighters, Green Day, Blink 182, The Arkells, Nirvana and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. From intimate acoustic performances to explosive high-energy live shows, this band is guaranteed to entertain you. They perform classic rock covers from several decades and their own original rock music.
COVERS INCLUDE HITS LIKE
- Johnny B Goode – Chuck Berry
- Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
- Born To Be Wild – Steppenwolf
- Folsom Prison Blues – Johnny Cash
- Twist and Shout – The Beatles
- Radioactive – Imagine Dragons
- Blitzkrieg Bop – The Ramones
- Paranoid – Black Sabbath
- Satisfaction – The Rolling Stones
- Should I Stay Or Should I Go – The Clash
- New Orleans is Sinking – The Tragically Hip
- Say It Ain’t So – Weezer
- Song 2 – Blur
- Are You Gonna Be My Girl – Jet
- When You Were Young – The Killers
- Ain’t No Rest For Wicked – Cage The Elephant
- Gold On The Ceiling – The Black Keys
… AND MANY MORE
ACCOMPLISHMENTS & AWARDS
On June 27th, 2015, Runaway Nation entered ‘Band Warfare’. At this point, they had only been together since January of that year. The band came out on top and the grand prize helped fund their debut self-titled EP, released on December 8th, 2015. Runaway Nation later entered another battle of the bands hosted by the University of Waterloo. The band again finished first and received a studio recording and music video for their song, “Home”.
Runaway Nation comes prepared to play and they are devoted to making a name for themselves in the music industry.